myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Veit Guna <veit.g...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [Solved] GraphicImage Question
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:44:04 GMT
Did I miss something? You're talking about an webapp right? That means,
a user from location A calls your application at location B (A and B are
on different machines). So when the user uploads the image, it will be
stored on B, right? So you (browser on A)can't access that file through
an absolute (local) path! I think "value" takes an URL that the browser
has to resolve. When this is C: it can't be reached on the server - it
will try to find it on the local (A) machine. Just look into the source
of your page, it will point to something like "C:...". It should be
something like "http://youtserver/webapp/file" or "/webapp/file".

But maybe I didn't get you right...

regards,
Veit