myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <simon.kitch...@rhe.co.nz>
Subject Re: DefaultAddResource logs warning
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2007 21:01:12 GMT
Yes, it's related to the ExtensionsFilter.

Tomahawk provides the ability for components to register text that they
want to be inserted elsewhere in the page. After the page is completely
processed, tomahawk's ExtensionsFilter goes back and post-processes the
page to insert the registered items.

Examples of things that can be registered by components are javascript
and css in the head block of the page, javascript in the body tag's
onload attribute etc. The jsCookMenu component uses this for example.

If tomahawk goes to post-process the page but there is no <head> or
registered text :-)

It's not normally a problem as pages do have a head and body. However in
the case of Ajax fragments it's not true.

The really correct solution is probably to somehow configure your
web.xml so that AJAX requests don't pass through the ExtensionsFilter.
However turning off the log4j messages is pretty safe; the only penalty
is that if you have malformed non-ajax responses then Tomahawk will fail
to insert any registered text but won't warn you.

Regards,

Simon