myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Bischoff <jbisch...@klkurz.com>
Subject [Resolved]Re: Facelets Taglibs [WAS Re: Error by using <t:updateActionListener/>]
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 21:37:11 GMT
Okay guys, I got it!

Mike, I tried your setup and it worked. This puzzled me because I know
that I (and probably you too) actually have the custom selectItems class
in the sandbox.jar. So why would it work as t:selectItems and not
s:selectItems? The answer was that my sandbox taglib was failing to
parse. Somehow I missed that error in the logs.

"java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
facelets.GraphicImageDynamicComponentHandler"

The error was caused by some sandbox components that I copied from the
wiki, but are not in my version of the jar. I guess you're right, that
for sandbox a piecemeal approach to building your own taglib file is the
only sane approach. The "complete and accurate" goal is only attainable
for Tomahawk, which has releases.

I have a beef with facelets though, in that it gave me no error message
when I tried to use a namespace that wasn't loaded. I get a nice little
error message when I try to use a component that's not in a supported
namespace:

<t:selectItems> Tag Library supports namespace:
http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk, but no tag was defined for name:
selectItems

Not a big deal, but it would have told me what I was screwing up a whole
lot quicker. Maybe I'll suggest it to them.

Sorry for bothering you with something I should have caught myself!

Thanks again,

Jeff Bischoff
Kenneth L Kurz & Associates, Inc.

Mike Kienenberger wrote:
> Ok. I'm using exactly one t:selectItems
>
> Maybe this is of some help:
>
>       xmlns:t="http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk"
> [...]
> <t:selectItems
>    value="#{locationServicePage.currentService.location.serviceList}"
>    var="locationService"
>    itemLabel="#{locationService.serviceType.UIDisplayLabel}"
>    itemValue="#{locationService}"
>
>                                         />
> <facelet-taglib>
>    <namespace>http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk</namespace>
> [...]
>    <tag>
>        <tag-name>selectItems</tag-name>
>        <component>
>
> <component-type>org.apache.myfaces.UISelectItems</component-type>
>        </component>
>    </tag>
>

> On 2/8/07, Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm using a 1.1.5-2006-08-18 tomahawk snapshot, so I'm not sure how
>> helpful I can be.
>> I've also switched to using an internal orderedSelectItems component,
>> so I'm not even sure if I'm using s:selectItems anywhere in my code at
>> present.
>>
>> On 2/8/07, Jeff Bischoff <jbischoff@klkurz.com> wrote:
>> > Alright. I'm working off of the Release Candidates now, so once they
>> are
>> > released and I've tested my taglib entries out more, I'll update
>> both wikis.
>> >
>> > On a side note, I do need to test these more before reposting them
>> > anywhere. Specifically, I still can't get s:selectItems to work in
>> > facelets. (It is in sandbox for me, since I am using the release
>> > candidates) Did the class name change at all when it was promoted?
>> > Perhaps it was in another package, and I need to revert that?
>> >
>> > Hmm maybe someone other than Mike can comment, as I'm sure by now I'm
>> > giving him gray hairs. ;)

>> trunk

>> taglibs. But
>> current

>> they

>> <converter-id>org.apache.myfaces.custom.convertDateTime.DateTimeConverter</converter-id>

>> issues

>> that's

>> currently

>> taglib

> [...]