myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <simon.kitch...@rhe.co.nz>
Subject Re: AW: Visibility of t:column
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2007 19:31:36 GMT
For a recent project I spend a lot of time trying to dynamically
hide/show columns in an HTML table using styles and had no success at
all. It seems that HTML simply does not support this at all.

Note that this is *not* a JSF issue; JSF can use "rendered" to suppress
a column. However as in Oliver's case, I wanted the column to be present
in the HTML page, just invisible (so that javascript could be used to
toggle the column visibility). It seems logical that visibility:hidden
or display:none should do this, but neither affects the column header
(TH tag) in the expected manner - at least I couldn't find any style
option that would do so.

Eventually I gave up.

Regards,

Simon

Pfau, Oliver wrote:
> When I set "visibility: hidden" on the t:column, the content of the column (checkbox
in my case) is not visible, but the column is drawn empty. I want to keep the checkbox (for
some javascript stuff) but hide the complete column.