myfaces-users mailing list archives

From madan chowdary <madan_na...@yahoo.com>
Subject [Tobago] Problem with Required Attribute
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:19:34 GMT
Hi All,

I Used a Layout as specified in the Demo Example.

I included a Top Navigation bar at the top, a Left Navigation bar in the left.

The <jsp:doBody/> is done for the Middle Part which uses the layout.

In one of the pages, i used a panel to place <tc:in/> with required="true" and a submit
button.

When i navigate to this page, and click on submit button without entering any values, i get
the indication that fields are Required.

But when i just navigate to this page, and then click on other links on my TopNavigationBar
to visit other screens, i get the same indication that fields are required.

I need to display these errors when the user clicks "submit" button, but not when he wish
to navigate to other screen without entering any data in the required fields.

How to achieve this ?

Thnx in advance,
Madan

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/