myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Simon Lessard" <simon.lessar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Loading application scoped managed beans on server startup
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 15:14:47 GMT
Here's a mini example:

public class Cache
{
    private static List myList;

    public static void init(Object... someParameters)
    {
        myList = getTheListFromDB();
    }

    public static List getList()
    {
        return myList;
    }
}

public class ApplicationBean
{
    public List getList()
    {
        return Cache.getList();
    }
}

public class MyServletContextListener implements ServletContextListener
{
    public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent ev)
    {
        Cache.init(ev.getServletContext
().getInitParameter("MyDBConnectionInfoOrJNDIName"));
    }
}

Regards,

~ Simon