myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Trent Rosenbaum" <trent.j.rosenb...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about multiple row selects h:dataTable
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:42:47 GMT
Hi there,

When interacting with the DataTable component I have to define a
boolean field on the domain object that represents a row in the table
to allow multiple checkbox selection.  Is this to right way to proceed
with this development?

I could for example have a domain object called 'Student' that has
been delivered to me by others in an organisation.  I do no control
the development of this object, but to interact with it through a
multiple select table I have to define a UI only used field on the
above object.  If on the other hand I settled for single radio button
selects on the table then I could use the getter methods on the UI
component to identify which object the user is interacting with.

I am new to JSF but to me this seems like a cross over of layers.  To
me the domain object should not have to define this field.  I was
looking at the example under the trinidad/ADF project and there seems
to be a table component that would allow me to gain a list of the rows
that were checked.

Is there anything I have over looked within the core myfaces API
project and/or tomahawk projects?  How do other navigate through this
issue?  Do people end up creating wrappers for the data and then
display them within the DataTable instance?

Many thanks
Trent