myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to capture events generated by components
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:55:42 GMT
All events are propagated through the parent heirarchy of components.
Typically, the renderer creates events and adds them to their
respective components in the decode method. Then the component
processes the event in the method:

public void broadcast(FacesEvent event)

So, the event is processed by the firing component (or the component
of the renderer that fired the event) in the broadcast method.

But all parent components of that component are notified when an event
is added in the method:

public void queueEvent(FacesEvent event)

So if you want to know if an ActionEvent is being fired from a child
component, then in the parent component, override the queueEvent
method and check to see if the event is type of ActionEvent and the
UIComponent of the event is your TopBarComponent.

-Andrew

On 1/9/07, Madhav Bhargava <Madhav_Bhargava@infosys.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I have 2 custom components -  TopBarComponent and LeftNavComponent
>

> I need to capture if an action was generated by TopBarComponent (via the user clicking
on the button for the component) and reconstruct the tree for the LeftNavComponent.

> Both of these components form the top and left of every JSF page via tiles.
>

> How can I achieve this?
>

> Rgds,
>
> Madhav

>  This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the
use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute
this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail
e-mail system.