myfaces-users mailing list archives

From William Huang <WHu...@intralinks.com>
Subject Re: Validation error cause/clears form input values.
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 23:02:07 GMT
Thanks for the reply.

I think you are right... but I think is related to how I setup to work with
jboss-seam(related begin conversation)..

             Simon Kitching
             <simon.kitching@r
             he.co.nz>                                                  To
                                       MyFaces Discussion
             01/15/2007 05:20          <users@myfaces.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Validation error cause/clears
                 "MyFaces              form input values.
                Discussion"
             <users@myfaces.ap
                 ache.org>

William Huang wrote:
> I have a form with some inputText, most are 'required' inputText..  While
> testing, I purposely leave some required field empty to cause validation
> error..   But when validation error appears, all the input field values
> actually gets clean out as well.  Has anyone seen this problem?  By
default
> eventhough there are validation errrors, the input values should stay
> unchanged in the input fields.

Yes, input field values should remain on validation failure, and they do
for me.

The only thing I can think of is that the button (or link) you are
clicking on has immediate=true, and it is returning a non-null
navigation string. This will cause a new component tree to be created
(which will not have the old values in it).

Otherwise I can't think of anything that may be causing this behaviour
for you..

> My environment is Myfaces 1.1.3, tomahawk 1.1.2, facelets 1.1.11,
ajax4jsf
> 1.0.2, and seam 1.0.1

Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.