myfaces-users mailing list archives

From <hermod.opstv...@dnbnor.no>
Subject RE: [ABOT] Sending pdf file from webserver to browser?
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 09:30:38 GMT
Hi

Are you setting the content-type on the response?

Hermod

-----Original Message-----
From: Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen [mailto:thunderaxiom@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 10:13 AM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: [ABOT] Sending pdf file from webserver to browser?

Bjørn T Johansen skrev  den 16-01-2007 14:42:
> I have a myfaces webapp that uses a report component to generate a pdf file on the server.
This file is sent
> to the browser and the user then get a choice of saving the file or opening the file,
eg. in Acrobat.

> And I was wondering, it is possible to skip the opening og saving dialog and go straight
to printing the pdf
> file? As far as I can tell, this isn't possible..
I don't think so, unless you can print to the users printer from the server.

--
  Thorbjørn

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that DnB NOR cannot
accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the anti virus programs used
in the DnB NOR Group.