myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Madhav Bhargava" <Madhav_Bharg...@infosys.com>
Subject how to call a static method via EL
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:53:04 GMT

Hi All,

I need to call a static method on an arbitrary java class. Is it
possible using EL in its current form?

There is a way in which I can call - make the class a managed bean. Call
the static method on the managed bean instance. This is a horrible
approach because:

1.	Static methods should not be called on instances of the same
class.
2.	It means that I will have to make any java class a managed bean,
even if I do not want to make it.

Is there any other way in which I can achieve this?

Rgds,

Madhav

e-mail system.