myfaces-users mailing list archives

From legolas <legola...@gmail.com>
Subject how i can identify which menuItem has selected in backend?
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 19:53:27 GMT

Hi
Thank you for reading my post.
I have created a dynamic navigation panel using panelNavigation2  and
several NavigationMenuItem.
I have created a list of navigationMenuItem in backend and use it in GUI.

now my problm is that, I need to perform some action based on user input
which is a selected menuItem.

imagine that i have created a category of products using panelNavigation2  ,
a user come to my web page and view the page and then select one of
NavigationMenuItems, now i should be able to understand which menuItem has
pressed to show correct information to my users.

for example if i could do the following procedure, my problem will be
resolved.

-Assign a number to each NavigationMenuItem (equal to each category primary
key) and then retrieve that number in the action listener assigned to
NavigationMenuItems.

any other do-able solution is good for me.

Thanks.