myfaces-users mailing list archives

From SimonSays <apache_supp...@purpleblade.net>
Subject Re: <t:saveState> problems (not working / have tried everything)
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 05:21:50 GMT

So why is it that I read if you use <t:saveState> that the BB must implement
Serializable?  So something that is serializable does not necessarily write
out a file system file, but can store the file in memory as well?

Also if STATE_SAVING_METHOD set to "server" saves a "file" the the
HttpSession what does STATE_SAVING_METHOD set to "client" do differently?

how do I tell if the whole object is being serialized (state saved) rather
than just some property in a bean?  I may hit the breakpoints but I want to
see the actual data somewhere and watch it get restored as well.  I do not
believe <t:saveState> is working but do not know why.  I need to know for
sure that it is not working before I go and try to find out why.

Thanks

Simon