myfaces-users mailing list archives

From stormspire <stormsp...@gmail.com>
Subject return null vs navigation rule from action method
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 02:40:52 GMT

I am using saveState with myfaces.  Now I faces a problem, I have a page,
after submit it to an action method, I have done some business process, then
change values that will be presented in the page.  If I use "return null" at
the end of action method, the page won't refresh with latest value.  I have
to declare a navigation rule inside faces-config.xml and using 'return
"someRule"' to refresh the values.

I am wondering what's the correct way to do it, doubt the second way will
have unnecessary process.