myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Romanowski, Tim" <tim.romanow...@lmco.com>
Subject How to submit a form using javascript
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:53:50 GMT
I'm trying to integrate some components form Jack Slocum's yui-ext project
[1], but have run into a problem in trying to submit a form or link in my
JSF code from javascript.  The details are posted at [2].  The current
information on MyFaces wiki at [3] has not helped (see the clickLink
javascript function used with a hidden link at the bottom of the page); I'm
not sure why, but I'm wondering if it has something to do with the scope of
the function and the way it tries to access dom elements.  The first couple
examples show how to call javascript from within a commandButton or
commandLink, but I'm interested in doing the reverse-using javascript to
execute a button or link.  If anyone could offer some insight, it would be
greatly appreciated.

Tim

[1] http://www.yui-ext.com/

[2] http://www.yui-ext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2204