myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "John" <jo...@jak.com>
Subject RE: [Tobago] Problems with Tobago.reloadComponent with onclick
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 21:09:12 GMT
Hi Volker,

There was already a Panel surrounding the tx:in, so I modified as
follows, and still get the error.

onclick="Tobago.reloadComponent(mainPage:quarantineInfoPanel, '@autoId')

The source from the page expands it as so:

onclick="Tobago.reloadComponent('mainPage:quarantineInfoPanel',
'mainPage:quarantineCmdRefresh')"

What is the preferred way to add this to my toolBarCommand?

-----Original Message-----
From: Volker Weber [mailto:weber.volker@googlemail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 12:40 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: [Tobago] Problems with Tobago.reloadComponent with onclick

Hi John,

which version of tobago?

the onclick="Tobago.reloadComponent(<clientId>, '@autoId')"/> should
work (afaik), but is not the intended way to code ajax reload (this was
a interim solution).

anyway, the 'messageCount' is not a valid clientId, and tc:in is not
ajax reloadable.

the clientId is build from ids of namingcontainers, at least tc:page,
and the id of the component, so a valid clientId has at last on colon.

to reload the content of a tx:in you can surround it by a tc:panel e.g
(in the intended way):

<tc:page id="page"/>

  <tc:panel id="panel">
    <tx:in .../>
  </tx:panel>

  <tc:button ...>
    <tc:attribute name="renderedPartially" value=":page:panel"/>
  </tc:button>

</tc:page>

see the colon before 'page:panel' to make the clientId absolute.

regards,

Volker