myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Matt Koranda <m...@t4m.com>
Subject Newbie question about Tomahawk dependencies
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:51:23 GMT
I have added the Tomahawk jar and dependencies to a project I am working
on (first JSF project):

commons-codec
commons-el
commons-lang
jsf-impl.jar
tomahawk-1.1.3

I want to use the sortable feature of the Tomahawk data table. The
application was (is) working fine but I was unable to get the actual
sorting to work after following the several examples I found. The
jsf-impl.jar dependency was added by jdeveloper, so I decided to try the
myfaces version so that is to say the dependencies changed to:

commons-codec
commons-el
commons-lang
myfaces-api
myfaces-core
tomahawk-1.1.3

And it worked! The sorting now works as well as the rest of the
functionality.

My questions are about how the myfaces jars compare to the jsf jars and
the dependencies of the two implementations.

1) Are the two myfaces jars equivalent to the one jsf-impl jar?
2) Do both rely on the jsf.api? Expected to be provided by the container?
3) My understanding of tomahawk is that it could be used with the Sun
implementation without problem, is that not the case?

Thanks in advance!

Matt