myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Madhav Bhargava" <unmarsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how i can identify which menuItem has selected in backend?
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:59:27 GMT
At this point i can quickly think of one solution:

While you are creating NavigationMenuItems - you are also setting th ID for
this component.
Set the ID with something on the lines similar to an IP address where the
left most is the parent and any children get appended to it using a
delimiter.

For all NavigationMenuItem call the same actionListener. Get the Id of the
component and parse the ID.
This will tell you where to re-direct.

I hope it helps.

~madhav