myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Chang <thomas200...@yahoo.de>
Subject RE: FW: A question about showing/opening PDF-file in run-time
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:09:58 GMT
Hi,

I do as follow. But I get error message like: "Could not find Acrobat External Window Handler."

Can someone help?

Thanks!

Thomas...
 public String showPDF()
   {
      ServletOutputStream out = null;
      FacesContext        context = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
      HttpServletResponse response = (HttpServletResponse) context.getExternalContext().getResponse();
      File                pdfFile = new File("c:\\temp\\Protokol.pdf");

       byte[] bytes =  new  byte[(int)pdfFile.length()]; // read you PDF from file here

       response.setContentLength(bytes.length);

       try {
           out = response.getOutputStream();
           out.write(bytes, 0, bytes.length);
       } catch (IOException ex) {
       } finally {
           try {
               out.flush();
               out.close();
       } catch (IOException ex) {    }
       }

       FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().responseComplete();

       return null;
   }

"Levin, Stan" <stan.levin@credit-suisse.com> schrieb:       Hi Thomas,

 We it do as following:
    ServletOutputStream out = null;

   HttpServletResponse response =    FacesUtils.getServletResponse();

   byte[] bytes    = // read you PDF from file here

   response.setContentLength(bytes.length);

   try    {
       out =    response.getOutputStream();
          out.write(bytes, 0, bytes.length);
   } catch    (IOException ex) {