myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Dennis Byrne" <den...@dbyrne.net>
Subject Re: Performance Issue
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2006 17:38:23 GMT
>one question: when the beans declared in faces-config are created?  upon
>request?
>When will the app server destroy beans inside server, only after session
>expired according to application config?

The beans declared in faces-config are created and destroyed according to scope (none, request,
session and application ) and access.  For example, a request scope bean is created upon first
access and marked for garbage completion (provided no other references to it) at the end of
the request.  Scope is configured in you faces-config file.

>> any other way to improve it?  I am considering switching to client state,
>> and add a compression on the state.  Anyone has already done it?

Server side state saving is almost always faster than client side state saving, although it
uses more memory.

Dennis Byrne