myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Yaron Spektor" <yaron.spek...@b6systems.com>
Subject RE: inputCalendar validator
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 20:17:15 GMT
Don't you sometimes wish you could replace some of your users :->

But seriously, your question does not seem to be a JSF related question,
if the user clicks a valid date you can not check (as far as I know)
what he thought when he entered it.

My workaround would be to switch the input to comboBox, then you don't
need any validation. In order to solve your problem, present the month
as names "Jan", "Feb" etc. while leaving the dates as numbers, that
should do the trick.

Good luck :->

________________________________

From: Whitmire, Tracy Carroll [mailto:tcwhitm@sandia.gov]
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 2:09 PM
To: users@myfaces.apache.org
Subject: inputCalendar validator

Hi,

I'm using t:inputCalendar and have a question I'm sure someone has
already addressed.  But a google search was futile.

If a user decides to enter the input in manually .... What's the best
way to validate this input?

I have a user who loves to enter the date as MM/dd/YY ignoring the help
text

But the expected is MM/dd/yyyy

So when he enters 12/01/06 ....

It gets entered into the database as Dec, 01, 0006

Thanks for your help,

tc