myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Charbel Abdul-Massih" <cabdulmas...@soundbite.com>
Subject How do I set fields in an arraylist from the view
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:37:00 GMT
I have the following problem...

In my Backing Bean called editPhone, I have a phones property which
contains a list of PhoneNumber objects...The PhoneNumber object has a
rawValue property that is the actual phone number, and the property I'm
trying to retrieve and set...

In my JSF, I have the following code

<t:dataList value="#{editPhone.phones}" var="phone" id="phonesTable"
rowIndexVar="row">

   <h:column>

      <h:inputText value="#{editPhone.phones[row].rawValue}" size="10"/>

   </h:column>

</t:dataList>

I am getting the right values back into my text boxes, but when I edit
the values on the screen and hit submit, they are not being saved back
into my bean.  What am I doing wrong?  How can I get such a scenario to
work???

Thanks,

Charbel