myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Reddin" <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: myfaces-tiles demo
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 22:56:50 GMT
On 12/6/06, Reinout van Schouwen <reinout.van.schouwen@rotterdam-cs.com> wrote:

> Another question, while I'm at it: I read that Apache Shale contains
> support for Tiles. Is either upgrade path (Myfaces+Tomahawk+Tiles or
> Myfaces+Shale) recommended, and why?

If reuse of code written in Struts with Tiles is required you're
better off using the MyFaces-Tiles support.  Shale works with the as
yet unreleased Tiles 2, which is not compatible with Tiles 1.  If you
understand the concepts of Tiles and are willing to put up with a
"not-quite-done-yet" framework, and don't care too much about
compatibility with Tiles 1, then go with the Shale support.

HTH,
Greg