myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EditableValueHolder immediate=true?
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2006 16:09:20 GMT
When you need to perform trivial validation separation.

For example, there's an input field and a go button that are validated
as one unit separately from the rest of the page.

You set both immediate, and then when the go button is pushed, the
input field will be converted/validated.   Validation for all other
components will be skipped.