myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Pesia <maciej.pes...@wp.pl>
Subject Re: input inside datatable & submit action
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 11:59:27 GMT

Thanks for fast reply!

I did it and I got a message:

    Bean: database.impl.DBValueWrapper, property: value (no write method for
property!)

Actually this is parametrized(generic) type and I have setter & getter in
there:

	public void setValue(Object value);
	public T getValue();

Where T is type parameter.

When I change the setter to
   public void setValue(T value);
Then my example works!

But it really does not solves my problem (as I need to exact know the type
of the object when set
it in other parts of my code).
Right now I have a "workaround" as my parametrized type T implements
Comparable interface
so I just cast every value-to-set to Comparable. But in this scenario I have
always type safety warning
and it's not very convenient (and also not general) solution.

So some questions:

- Does anybody have any experience with similar scenario with JSF?

- Do you know any "incompatibilities" when using JSF together with generic
objects?

- Isn't it possible in JSF to have setter that takes superclass of the
object-to-set as parameter?
  (Or mayby it just have problems with Object)
  (does value bidding supports type hierarchy?)

Answer to any of them appreciated. If I'm missing something obvious for you
please
provide at least a link for me to be able to understand it...