myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: when is setProperties method of UIComponentTag called?
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:54:11 GMT
the findComponent() calls the setProperties.

before calling setProperties() it creates the (custom) component
or in case of UIViewRoot it *loads* the root component, since that has
already been
created before we are in render response.

regarding el:
#{sessionScope['myAttribute']}

-M

On 12/22/06, Madhav Bhargava <Madhav_Bhargava@infosys.com> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>

> In my custom component I have declared an attribute "role" in the Tag
> class for the component. In the setProperties() method I am checking if it
> is a value binding and then I set the value binding for "role" to the custom
> component.
>
> When I debug I find that setProperties does not get called before the
> constructor of the custom component.
>

> I have some questions:
>

>    1. When is setProperties called? Is it called during the render
>    response phase?
>    2. An off-beat question – how do you access an object stored in a
>    session – can I use something like #{
>    facesContext.sessionScope.objectName} ?
>

> Considering that setProperties does not get called first , where do I get
> the value binding and extract the value referred to by the EL ?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Madhav
>

>  **************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************
> message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail
> or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This
> e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to
> minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a
> result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus
> checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right
> to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
> e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored
> on the Infosys e-mail system.

Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff: