myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Calvin Hill <chillth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is this allowed?
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2006 23:02:09 GMT
I have not used the forward directive in a jsp using MyFaces.  But my
first thought would be yes, it should work but I don't think you
would need to use home.jsp but just home or maybe webapp/home.  Your
web.xml file should have a mapping for your jsp pages using either
faces/* or *.jsf.  But are you sure you want to do a forward?  I
could see the advantage of doing a forward on the server but doing a
forward on the client seems like some sort of work around.  A normal
post with setting an appropriate action to navigate to the jsp page
might work but, of course, I don't know what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks,

Calvin Hill
return Programmer.someType()