myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Bischoff <jbisch...@klkurz.com>
Subject Re: Building the Tomahawk 1.1.4 branch locally
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 19:31:08 GMT
Mike Kienenberger wrote:
> You can change where the repository is located using
>
> MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL=E:\maven for example.

Mike,

Are you sure this is a standard feature? I don't see any mention of it
searching through the maven online docs. I've tried it, but it didn't
seem to have any effect. I do see that you can change it in the
settings.xml file, as described here [4].

> Also, if you check out the full trunk (core, shared, tomahawk) at a
> specific revision, I would think you could build everything without
> having to worry about MyFaces versions and repository snapshots.

Hmm well yes building the trunk is very easy. :)

But no revision of the trunk will give me what is in this particular
branch, and any changes that may have been applied onto the branch
itself, right? I basically want to create the same artifacts that are
built for the Tomahawk 1.1.4 staging area [5]. The main difference is
that I also get Sandbox this way.

In any case, it works fine. I was just curious on a few points, and am
now grateful for these explanations. Now I can start testing this
upcoming Tomahawk release and flood JIRA with countless issues. ;)

[4] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-configuring-maven.html
[5] http://people.apache.org/builds/myfaces/tomahawk-1.1.x/

Regards,

Jeff Bischoff