myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Holger Prause <h.pra...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: inputCalendar validator
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 19:37:49 GMT
Whitmire, Tracy Carroll schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using t:inputCalendar and have a question I'm sure someone has
> already addressed. But a google search was futile.
>
> If a user decides to enter the input in manually …. What's the best
> way to validate this input?
>
> I have a user who loves to enter the date as MM/dd/YY ignoring the
> help text
>
> But the expected is MM/dd/yyyy
>
> So when he enters 12/01/06 ….
>
> It gets entered into the database as Dec, 01, 0006
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> tc

I use the following code to do that (just write a validator like u are
used to it in jsf)

<t:inputCalendar id="birthDate"
value="#{member.birthDate}"
renderAsPopup="true"
popupTodayString="#{messages['popup_today_string']}"
popupWeekString="#{messages['popup_week_string']}"
popupDateFormat="dd.MM.yyyy"
helpText="DD.MM.YYYY"
required="true"
validator="#{validators.birthDateValidator.validate}"/>

where validators is a bean and returns a new Validator Object (u can
play around a bit and register the validator in faces-config.xml but i
choosed this approach).
Just write a validator like in jsf.

public class BirthDateValidator implements Validator {

public void validate(FacesContext fc, UIComponent uic, Object o) {
//do validation here
}

}

thats it, i was suprised it works like i "expected"