myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Gerald Müllan" <bierbra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: client state saving issue
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 12:43:09 GMT
Rogerio,

what are your requirements when talking about client side state saving?

Please have in mind, that under "normal" conditions, MyFaces` server
side state saving performs much more than its counterpart. Considering
the fact, that you don`t need client side state saving because of
special requirements.

Also, if using server side state saving, and switch on compressing its
state, it does perform very bad. So you may get the same bad results
in your case and abandon this setting.

Never tested this setting before, but just an input.

cheers,

Gerald

On 12/1/06, Rogerio Pereira <rogerio.araujo@gmail.com> wrote:
> I added:
>
>     <context-param>
>         <param-name>
>             org.apache.myfaces.COMPRESS_STATE_IN_CLIENT
>         </param-name>
>         <param-value>true</param-value>
>     </context-param>
>
> 2006/12/1, David Delbecq <delbd@oma.be>:
> > Just activate the tranfert compression of the full page inside your
> > webapp container, this will save you lots of bandwidth.
> > Alternatively, you can store data server side.
> >
> > Rogerio Pereira a écrit :
> > > Hi guys!
> > >
> > > How can i compress the viewstate info saved on my page? Right now my
> > > pages has about 152k in size.
> > >
> > > Any tips?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Yours truly (Atenciosamente),
> > >
> > > Rogério (_rogerio_)
> > > http://faces.eti.br
> > >
> > > "Faça a diferença! Ajude o seu país a crescer, não retenha
> > > conhecimento, distribua e aprenda mais." ( http://faces.eti.br/?p=45)
> >

> --
> Yours truly (Atenciosamente),
>
> Rogério (_rogerio_)
> http://faces.eti.br
>
> "Faça a diferença! Ajude o seu país a crescer, não retenha conhecimento,
> distribua e aprenda mais." ( http://faces.eti.br/?p=45)

--
http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -