myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Jef Patat <jazenn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem with inputCalendar when using firefox
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2006 09:33:25 GMT
Hi all,

I have a problem when using the tomahawk inputCalendar in my application. The application
uses facelets with SUN JSF RI 1.2 and tomahawk 1.1.3

The problem is as follows. I have put a inputCalendar on my page, using the following code

id="birthdate" value="#{backing_survey.userDTO.birthdate}" renderAsPopup="true" required="true"

                    popupDateFormat="dd/MM/yyyy" />

This field is required, so when it is not filled in, a validation message is shown. When the
page is loaded for the first time, everything is ok and the calendar works, but when I submit
 the form and leave the birthdate empty (validation message gets shown), the button for calling
the inputCalendar popup is not there. This problem only occurs in firefox (I use 2.0). IE
is working fine.

This is the message that I get from the firefox errorconsole

        Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Object cannot be created in this context"
 code: "9" nsresult: "0x80530009 (NS_ERROR_DOM_NOT_SUPPORTED_ERR)"  location:
                      "http://localhost:8084/survey/takeQuiz.jsf Line: 94"]

There is no error visible in my tomcat error log.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thank you,

Thierry