myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Dave <javao...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: URL for home page(index.jsp) without redirect
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2006 01:36:16 GMT
I followed the instructions, added
  index.jsf (empty)
index.jsp (code)

  and defined the welcome-file-list in web.xml.
  <welcome-file-list>
  <welcome-file>/index.jsf</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>

  the first(welcome) page loading was successful. but when I clicked any commandLink in the
page, I got
  The page cannot be displayed  and the IE browser address became:
  http://index.jsf

  the host and port number is missing from the URL.  it should be the same,
  http://localhost:8080/  , or http://localhost:8080/index.jsf

  Thanks for help.

  Dave

Andrew Robinson <andrew.rw.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:
  Maybe a little more clear:

index.jsf (empty)
index.jsp (code)

Or with facelets:
index.jsf (empty)
index.xhtml (code)

Of course if you use path mapping like "/faces/*" instead of extension
mapping (*.jsf) you don't need to do any of this.

-Andrew