myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: preserve formatting with textArea component
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:57:07 GMT
Not sure what the question is. The value is not trimmed, or converted by any
code from the input text area that I am aware of, so white-space should not
be affected. If you want to display the text to the user in the original
formatting, show it in a textarea, pre element or span element with style
"whitespace: pre". The style one may not work well in IE though (I have seen
some issues)