myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Heinen" <...@recommind.com>
Subject RE: actionListener not being called with a4j:commandLink
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2006 15:59:57 GMT
Did you try to use an af4j:actionparam or a t:actionListener instead of the f:param ?

Are you sure that the listener is not called or is only the rerendering not executed as expected?

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Osella [mailto:sosella@austin.rr.com]
Sent: Samstag, 4. November 2006 15:40
To: MyFaces Discussion
Cc: Gerald Müllan
Subject: actionListener not being called with a4j:commandLink

In my ongoing attempt to use ajax4jsf....

I have an "a4jcommandLink" within an "h:dataTable":

<h:dataTable
    id="services"
    styleClass="services"
    value="#{SessionBean.services}"
    var="service"
    binding="#{SessionBean.servicesTable}"
    cellspacing="0">
    <h:column>
        <f:facet name="header">
            <h:outputText value="#{bundle.select_service}"/>
        </f:facet>
        <a4j:commandLink id="serviceAddButton"
actionListener="#{SessionBean.serviceAddButtonActionListener}"
reRender="ordersPG">
            <f:param id="serviceAddButtonIdx" name="serviceIdx"
value="#{SessionBean.servicesTable.rowIndex}"/>
            <h:graphicImage id="addServiceButton"
value="images/other/add-16x16.gif" width="16" height="16"
alt="#{bundle.add_service}" />
        </a4j:commandLink>
    </h:column>
</h:dataTable>

The actionListener "SessionBean.serviceAddButtonActionListener" is not being
called!  The ordersPG is an "h:panelGroup" in the form.

I put an "a4jstatus" in the form and that does work...goes from "ready" to
"request under process" and back.  Yet nothing happens.  I even put an
"ajaxListener" in the "a4jregion" (that contains the entire form), and a log
message in there is getting logged.  So it seems that ajax4jsf *is* being
invoked, yet the actionListener is not being called.  The backing bean is
session scoped.

Any ideas or tips?