myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Yaron Spektor" <yaron.spek...@b6systems.com>
Subject RE: t:dataTable with dynamic newspaperColumns
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 20:32:13 GMT
Thanks for that,
Did you see the remark you got there today?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Matz [mailto:mmatz@kamakuraco.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 8:29 PM
To: 'MyFaces Discussion'
Subject: RE: t:dataTable with dynamic newspaperColumns

See issue:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-728

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Kienenberger [mailto:mkienenb@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 4:53 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion

The implementation of get/setNewspaperColumns needs to be patched.
It looks like this:

    public int getNewspaperColumns() {
        return _newspaperColumns;
    }
    public void setNewspaperColumns(int newspaperColumns) {
        this._newspaperColumns = newspaperColumns;
    }

It needs to be rewritten to work like get/setRows so that it first
checks a ValueBinding instead of only working with an int.

    public int getRows()
    {
        if (_rows != null)
            return _rows.intValue();
        ValueBinding vb = getValueBinding("rows");
        Number v = vb != null ? (Number) vb.getValue(getFacesContext())
:
null;
        return v != null ? v.intValue() : DEFAULT_ROWS;
    }

    public void setRows(int rows)
    {
        _rows = new Integer(rows);
        if (rows < 0)
            throw new IllegalArgumentException("rows: " + rows);
    }

Please open a JIRA issue and attach a patch.  Thanks.