myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Hasnain Badami" <hasnainbad...@gmail.com>
Subject Panel Tabbed Pane
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 12:55:52 GMT
 Hi

I have written the following code:

<t:panelTabbedPane

styleClass="levelOneTabbedPane"

width="100%"

bgcolor="#FFFFCC"

activeTabStyleClass="levelOneActiveTab"

inactiveTabStyleClass="levelOneInactiveTab"

activeSubStyleClass="levelOneActiveSub"

inactiveSubStyleClass="levelOneInactiveSub"

tabContentStyleClass="levelOneTabContent"

serverSideTabSwitch="true"

id="pDetailTab"

<t:panelTab label="#{messages['snapshot_view']}" >

<f:subview id="tabportfoliodetailsnapshotview" rendered="#{
tabIndices.portfolioTabIndex==0}">

<jsp:include page="portfoliodetailsnapshotview.jsp" />

</f:subview>

</t:panelTab>

<t:panelTab label="#{messages['time_series_view']}" >

<f:subview id="tabportfoliodetailtimeseriesview" rendered="#{
tabIndices.portfolioTabIndex==1}">

<jsp:include page="portfoliodetailtimeseriesview.jsp" />

</f:subview>

</t:panelTab>

<t:tabChangeListener type="
com.prytania.model.backingbeans.PortfolioDetailTabManager" />
</t:panelTabbedPane>

There are two separate backing beans each for the
portfoliodetailsnapshotview.jsp and portfoliodetailtimeseriesview.jsp. At a
single point in time, the tabIndices.portfolioTabIndex can either be 0 or 1
which means either portfoliodetailsnapshotview.jsp and
portfoliodetailtimeseriesview.jsp should be included. But in the logs, I can
see the code of both the backing beans being executed (constructors being
called),. Why is that so? If the rendered attribute equals to false why
would the framework still include the jsp. Is there any solution to the
above mentioned problem. I mean if rendered is false then the included jsp
should not be processed.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Hassnain