myfaces-users mailing list archives

From CarlHowarth <carl.howa...@dlapiper.com>
Subject Error using inputHidden with resource file
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:01:00 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to return javascript alerts for certain error messages in my
application, however I want to get the text from a resource file. I have
added an inputHidden control and set its value to the text in the resource
file. In the javascript I return the text from the inputHidden control's
rendered value. This works fine unless my page performs a postback at which
point I get the following error:

Conversion Error "dateRangeValidation": Error during model data update.

Having done a bit of searching it would appear that this is due to a lack of
a setter for this value. Has anybody come across this problem, and if so
could they please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks, Carl