myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Steven Gollery <sgoll...@cadrc.calpoly.edu>
Subject problem: s:form reload after error drops port number
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:16:03 GMT

I have a login form that uses the MyFaces sandbox s:form tag to allow posting
using https. The tag looks like this:

   <s:form scheme="https" servername="#{systemBean.server}"
port="#{systemBean.securePort}" id="welcomeForm">

where systemBean is set up to return values based on the url of the servlet,
etc. This works fine when the page is intially loaded. The generated html
looks like this:

<form id="welcomeForm" method="post"
action="https://localhost:8443/LHS/welcome.jsf"
enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded">

But if I submit the form with missing information, triggering a validation
error so that I get back the same page with error messages included, the
html on the new version of the page now looks like this:

<form id="welcomeForm" method="post"
action="https://localhost/LHS/welcome.jsf"
enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded">

The s:form tag representation in the component tree has mysteriously lost
the value for the https port, so from then on clicking the submit button
results in a "connection was interrupted" page. This also happens if I just
try to load the page a second time from the initial url.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks,

Steven Gollery

PS if there is a better forum for me to post questions like this, please let
me know.