myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Mick Knutson" <mickknut...@gmail.com>
Subject Design question about perpetual audio player, and content workflow...
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 16:50:01 GMT
I am creating a streaming media site with MyFaces. I want to have a Flash or
Applet audio player at the top of the site that will play selected content
no matter where the user is navigating.
I.E. The user logs into the site, goes to the music selection screen,
selects a show to listen to, then the player starts playing that show.
THEN, the user begins navigating to content about the artist that the show
is by, yet the player does not switch or re-start by going to another page.

The player will only get reset by going to the show selection page and
selecting another show.

How would you solve this? I started trying this with frames, but they are a
real pain.
I am wanting to use DWR for some things, and wonder how well it might work
for my dynamic page navigation...???

Any other ideas to make the navigation, as well as developing this easy and
flexible?

--

Thanks

DJ MICK