myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Randahl Fink Isaksen <rand...@rockit.dk>
Subject URL rewriting and view separation
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 15:55:49 GMT
I have a system which relies heavily on URL rewriting. The same JSF page
is used to serve different pages, for instance

request "/Products/Product 1" is forwarded to
"/productView.jsf?name=Product 1" and
request "/Products/Product 2" is forwarded to
"/productView.jsf?name=Product 2"

I have been wondering what consequences this has for MyFaces. I know
that according to JSF MyFaces is allowed to cache the views in session
scope and reuse them, but since I forward all requests to the same view,
I would like to know if MyFaces is able to tell the difference. Are both
of the above requests seen by MyFaces as the same view, or two different
views after the forwarding?

Randahl