myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Randahl Fink Isaksen <rand...@rockit.dk>
Subject NUMBER_OF_VIEWS_IN_SESSION - how long is a view valid
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 12:31:09 GMT
I read that the default for NUMBER_OF_VIEWS_IN_SESSION is 20, meaning
that MyFaces will store the latest 20 of a client's views in the
client's session. This made me wonder how MyFaces tells the difference
between the views and how MyFaces know when to reuse a view. For
instance if you visit "/aView.jsf" in a browser how can MyFaces tell
whether that view can be safely stored and reused later in the session
if you visit the same view again?

Let me give an example: Let us say that the view on the address
"/aView.jsf" uses a component which makes the background color of the
page white during daytime and black during the night. If I then visit
the view just before nightfall and receive a white page and then revisit
the view during the same session but right after nightfall, what color
will the view then be? I would think that if the original view is reused
it would still be white even though it should actually now have changed
to black. So how can I as a developer tell MyFaces whether or not it is
safe to store the information about the background color and for how
long the information is valid?

Has anyone found some documentation about this?

Thank you

Randahl