myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Kamal Bhatt <kbh...@tt.com.au>
Subject Re: t:messages and labels
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 22:43:49 GMT
Kamal Bhatt wrote:
> Hi
> I have a length validation on an input component. I would like a
> t:messages component to register the message as:
>
> <label>:<validaiton message>
>
> However, I get "Validation Error:<error message>", at least for the
> standard length validator.
>
> I have seen in some examples the validation error coming out as
> <label>:<validaiton message>. The docs mention "MyFaces extension to
> the standard messages tag: see showInputLabel attribute.", this
> attribute is not documented, but I have tried replaceIdWithLabel and
> that does nothing for me. Is this functionality specific to tomahawk
> validators?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers.

Somethings I should have mentioned:

* I am using facelets, and a old 1.5 snapshot of tomahawk
* I am using SJSAS 8.1 as my appserver.
* I have setup a t:outputLabel for the field in question.

Also, I tried to use the regex validator, but I still couldn't get the
message to display. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers.

--
Kamal Bhatt