myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Goorden" <thomas.goor...@gmail.com>
Subject JSCookmenu problems
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 13:52:29 GMT
I'm using the current nightly build of Tomahawk, but cannot seem to get the
JSCook menu working.

Usage:
<h:form id="menuForm">
<t:jscookMenu layout="hbr" theme="ThemeOffice" styleLocation="styling"
id="jscook">
    <t:navigationMenuItem id="nav_1"
            itemLabel="#{msg['search']}">
        <t:navigationMenuItem id="nav_1_1"
                    itemLabel="#{msg['search_customer']}"
                    action="search_customer"/>
    </t:navigationMenuItem>
</t:jscookMenu>
</h:form>

Results in javascript that points the browser to pages like:
menuForm_jscook_menu:A]search_customer

The generated Javascript looks like:
<form id="menuForm" ...>
<script type="text/javascript">var menuForm_jscook_menu =
[[null, 'Zoek', null, 'menuForm', null,[null, 'Opzoeken klant',
'menuForm_jscook_menu:A]search_customer', 'menuForm', null], etc...

It seems like there are some square brackets in there that don't belong,
essentially I suspect the generated javascript is broken somehow, losing the
link with the associated action.
Perhaps even more problematic, method binding in the navigationMenuItem does
not even seem to get parsed.
<t:navigationMenuItem id="nav_1_1"
                    itemLabel="#{msg['search_customer']}"
                    action="#{someBean.someAction}"/>
results in javascript containing
menuForm_jscook_menu:A]#{someBean.someAction}
The EL expression is not even interpreted?

This is on an otherwise working project that iis already using tomahawk
extensively.

Thanks for any help regarding this issue!