myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Gerald Müllan" <bierbra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: menu component for facelets
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 08:24:47 GMT
Hi,

sure, it is both. For example you can use the "rendered" attribute of
every menu item:

<t:jscookMenu layout="hbr" theme="ThemeOffice" styleLocation="/css/jscookmenu/">
   ..
   <t:navigationMenuItem itemLabel="admin users"
rendered="#{permission.adminUsers}"
                                     action="#{navigation.goAdminUsers}"/>
</t:jscookMenu>

For details see our wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/JSCook_Menu

Also the dynamic thing is well explained:

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Dynamic_Menus_with_JSCookMenu

cheers,

Gerald

On 11/14/06, PingCheung <pc.leung@gmail.com> wrote:
> thank you, Gerald,
>
> Is it configurable or programmable?
> For example, menu items display differently according to different login user.
>

> On 11/13/06, Gerald Müllan <bierbrauen@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sure, JSCookMenu is widely used. I have used it several times and it
> > works very well.
> >
> > But have a look at our examples page:
> >
> > http://example.irian.at/example-simple-20061113/home.jsf
> >
> > Under "Menu" there are also some other possibilities which you can
> > take advantage of.
> >
> > cheers,
> >
> > Gerald
> >
> > On 11/13/06, PingCheung <pc.leung@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > is JSCookMenu a widely used menu component?
> > > I want to use a programmable or configurable menu component for facelets.
> > > any advices?

> > --
> > http://www.irian.at
> >
> > Your JSF powerhouse -