myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Damar Thapa" <thapa.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Selectable DataTable or similar to that
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 13:27:25 GMT
Hi,

I have the following snapshot of my page:

<h:selectOneMenu value="#{applicationProcess.courseTitle}">
<f:selectItems value="#{applicationProcess.courses}"/>
</h:selectOneMenu>

<t:dataTable var="applicants"
value="#{applicationProcess.applications}" border="1"
preserveDataModel="true">
<t:column>
<h:outputText value="#{applicants.firstName}"/>
</t:column>
……..
….

</t:dataTable>

<h:commandButton action="processSelectedItem" value="DoSomthing"/>

Basically, what I have to do:

(1) I choose the option in <selectOnMenu> option, and based on the
option chosen here, it brings in the relevant data in <dataTable>.

(2) The rows (records) displayed in <dataTable> has to be selectable,
possibly with check boxes, and

(3) After completing records selections in <dataTable>, I click
<commandButton>, which will trigger the event that processes the
selected records.

How do I do this? Is DataTable right component for this purpose? How
can I make record in dataTable selectable with checkboxes? Any
examples on this?

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

With regards,

Damar