myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Jorge Vásquez ...@3eyegroup.com>
Subject RE: navigation pages history...
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 00:01:18 GMT
Sounds fine for me, I did the same thing and worked fine, I adopted the
Standard of naming actions with the same name as pages and this way I can
return directly the viewId to go to a previous page (Again this is possible
as I have no complex navigation cases).

Thanks a lot,

JV

  _____

De: Julian Ray [mailto:julianjray@yahoo.com]
Enviado el: domingo, 26 de noviembre de 2006 14:57
Para: 'MyFaces Discussion'
Asunto: RE: navigation pages history...

JV,

Our app keeps a stack of views. The get the previous view pop the stack and
and push the current view on to it before you return,  We also have
standardized our navigation mechanism so that each action returns the name
of the view to navigate to next and our navigation.xml file maps full view
names returned from getViewId() to JSPs. If we have x JSPs there are x
<navigation-case> entities. So for us, returning the view from the top of
the stack will force the navigation handler to navigate to that view. Very
simple and easy to manage.

  _____