myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Young" <dyo...@synyati.com.au>
Subject RE: Generics in <function-signature> for custom EL function
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 04:29:56 GMT

PS:  if I remove the generic part from the Map declaration works fine, so
it's not a biggie.

  _____

From: Daniel Young [mailto:dyoung@synyati.com.au]
Sent: Friday, 10 November 2006 2:24 PM
To: users@myfaces.apache.org
Subject: Generics in <function-signature> for custom EL function

Hi all,

I'm trying to expose the following function in EL:

public static String getMessage(final String locale, final Map<String,
Message> messages) {

. . .

}

However I'm having trouble specifying the messages parameter in my
taglib.xml, due to the Generic.  I have the following:

      <function>

        <function-name>getMessage</function-name>

<function-class>com.synyati.spurwing.i18n.entity.Message</function-class>

        <function-signature>java.lang.String
getLocalisedMessage(java.lang.String,
java.util.Map&lt;java.lang.String,com.synyati.spurwing.i18n.entity.Message&g
t;)</function-signature>

      </function>

The &lt; seems to encode fine, but there comma between the String and
Message seems to confuse things.  I get the following:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.util.Map<java.lang.String

Is this a known error, or can I get around it somehow?

Cheers,

Daniel.