myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Galligan" <kgalli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <t:savestate.. component binding serializable problem
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 12:00:01 GMT
You could do the following:

1) Mark the bound reference 'transient'.  It won't be serialized.

2) Manually implement the Serialize methods.

3) Implement the 'StateHolder' interface, which is similar to #2,
except closely tied to JSF/Myfaces.  For this to work, you need a
recent tomcat source build as it was fixed not too long ago.

4) Change your design to not run 'saveState' on the whole bean (I have
no idea how your app is designed, so might not be viable).

Personally I'm going to start using #3 when needed, but my app is set
up to deal with mostly singular id values, so I generally use
'saveState' on just those values specifically rather than the whole
bean, and so I tend to avoid these issues.

Friends don't let friends use the session to store request level data.