myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Galligan" <kgalli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Corporate Open Source Strategy
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 18:02:12 GMT
In my personal experience, commercial support sounds nice, but you're
more likely to run into resistance and denail.  No offense to BEA, but
we had to figure out all sorts of problems with their app server and
workflow product, and then convince them of their problems, and
essentially code around them, in proudction no less.

There were times I would've begged to have been on an open source
platform.  I don't think non-tech corporate people understand the
concept.

Commercial support for myfaces doesn't seem like too bad of an idea.