myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Dennis Byrne" <den...@dbyrne.net>
Subject Re: MyFaces and multithreading problem
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:21:31 GMT
There is no multi-threading in the MyFaces implementation.  You have two threads accessing
the same data because the data is in session scope.

You might want to hit Google and read up on "single thread per request Servlet spec" .

Dennis Byrne

thread uses this bean, and everything works ok. But today we discovered, that two threads
access the same getter method of the bean at the same time, and this leads to serious problems.
Both getter invocations come from MyFaces. Of course the simplest method is to use 'synchronized'
attribute with all methods visible to MyFaces, but this may slow down our application.

>Why does MyFaces use two threads here? Is there a better method than synchronized? Maybe
some setting in a configuration file?